Reporting Manager South East and East
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
To work within the Programme Management Office to provide the performance reporting functions for the Regional Investment Programme. Collating, analysing and assuring performance data and information for inclusion in Divisional and corporate reporting.
Work closely with project delivery teams, providing advice and guidance on financial and governance reporting processes and requirements to ensure timely submission of information. Provide flexible business support to help ensure the Regional Programme is delivered to time, quality and cost, and is compliant with Highways England governance frameworks.
Day to Day:
- Co-ordinate the regular end of month reporting process for the South East and East regions. Ensuring arrangements for the monthly management review meetings are in place, collating project level dashboards and ensuring completion of the monthly reporting task lists.
- Produce regional level performance reports as required.
- Provide process assurance checks for all regional project level efficiency registers prior to submission to central teams.
- Co-ordinate returns for regular and ad-hoc requests for project and programme information including cost, schedule, milestone data, and variances to baselines.
- Prioritise delivery according to business need maintaining continuous efficient work flow at all times.
- Embed a strong customer centred ethos through visible, effective liaison with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and effective flow of reporting information.
- Proven experience of financial and governance control processes.
- Proven experience of delivering improvements to systems and processes, embedding change and achieving measureable business benefits.
- Proven experience in forming and developing positive, helpful, responsive and supportive relationships with supply chain and regional teams.
- Proven experience in prioritising conflicting demands in order to meet challenging deadlines.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/