Operations Manager - Collections
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced Collections department, operating within the specialist lending arena.
Working closely with the Head of Department, Team Leaders and the Central Learning and Development Team, the Operations Manager will provide operational leadership for Collections colleagues and processes with responsibility for the effective and efficient management of Collections related activity.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in partly/wholly managing a collections operation, ideally within a regulated lending environment. The role reports into the Head of Collections.
The salary is up to £60,000 plus annual bonus and benefits.
• Deliver exceptional results through clear, strategic direction and objective analysis for the Collections Teams
• Manage the Team Leaders, using documented 1:1s, coaching, sampling and feedback
• Work closely with Team Leaders, the Operational Trainer and L&D to identify opportunities for skills and knowledge development and ensure that these are deployed in the most effective and efficient manner
• Ensure that all Collections activity complies with current FCA regulation
• Meet agreed targets, SLAs, internal productivity and quality standards and ensure that KPIs are met in line with business objectives
• Lead and deliver the rapid identification, analysis and resolution of operational problems
• Ensure that all relevant internal and external guidelines, policies and procedures are adhered to and promoted
• Continually review and measure the effectiveness of processes, procedures and activities against targets, standards and service levels, agreeing and taking actions to improve capability and performance
• Attend Collections leadership meetings and manage relationships with key senior stakeholders
Skills and experience required:
• Extensive background of operational leadership within a Collections environment, ideally in the secured/unsecured consumer lending market
• Demonstrable experience of colleague leadership reporting, quality, training and performance management
• Experience of process improvement, managing change and driving a high performance culture
• Excellent knowledge of the technologies, policies and processes supporting Collections activity, in line with FCA regulations
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience of project management principles and their application
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.