Technical Specialist Dielectric fluids / Transformers
My client is a well known European leader and manufacture specialist materials for the power and scientific industries. They pride themselves on research and development, allowing them to bring new products to the market. They are working exclusively with 360 Resourcing Solutions to recruit an experienced Applications Engineer to work within their transformers division specialising in dielectric fluids, supporting the customer, business development teams and product managers.
Ideally you will have some experience or knowledge of synthetic or bio-based fluids, distribution or power transformers, or a transferable industry within power or utilities.
The role of the Applications Engineer is to provide some much needed technical support for the dielectric fluid products arm of the business. The role will predominantly be office based with approximately 20-30% of time will be spent travelling in the UK and abroad, attending/speaking at conferences and providing customer and commercial support.Your role will also be to support the customers and the commercial team with technical insight. Due to this you will need to be confident in a customer facing role and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Provide support for all Dielectric Fluid technical enquiries received via the website, telephone and email and utilizing the CRM database.
- Lead Technical projects and activities designed to further the Dielectric Fluid product business or to promote Dielectric Fluid products in the market.
- Ensure delivery of project milestones to time and quality.
- Get involved with, or lead technical innovation projects as defined by the established Innovation Pipeline designed to promote new dielectric fluid products or new applications
- Provide technical support to Business Development Managers and customers and accompany Business Development Managers on customer visits as required, often abroad.
- Provide Marketing with technical expertise and feedback from internal and external technical projects to produce technical brochures and literature for use with customers.
- Writing and delivering presentations and technical papers at exhibitions and conferences, often abroad.
- Assist in identifying the commercial potential of new applications
To apply for the role you will need to hold a degree in electrical engineering or a closely related subject and due to travel must hold a UK or EU passport. Experience of transformers or high voltage applications will be seen as highly advantageous and you should have a minimum of 3 years working as a technical specialist or within applications engineering working closely with internal and extrenal customers.
In return our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package of £40,000 - 45,000, plus company bonus, 25 days holiday (with option to buy a further 2 days), plus all bank holidays off. Sick pay, pension (after qualifying period) life insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and occupation health medical cover. The role also offers a high degree of autonomy and can progress to a more senior position within the business.