Major Incident Manager
Major Incident Manager ERP ITIL
Your new company
Europe's leading IT service provider, they advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf.
Your new role
Major Incident Manager to join their Global Infrastructure Operations Division which forms the core for Infrastructure Support for most of the Contractual Services delivered to their customers from Event Management through to Data Centres.
The successful candidate will manage and coordinate the efforts of the cross-functional service restoration teams to resolve the service outages that occur and ensure service issues are processed with urgency to continually improve downtime impact to the client business.
- Take full responsibility for Major Incident management from initiation until an acceptable client work around is in place
- Total ownership of incidents, problems and change activities that affect service.
- Own all communications during a major system outage
- Ensuring management and business is kept updated as required.
- Ensure post event/incident follow-up actions are addressed as published in any/all preliminary/final analysis.
- Modify Major Incident Manager Procedures and Responsibilities on an as needed basis.
- Review communications history for executive alerts, coaching those who produce alerts that do not meet or exceed our quality and timeliness standards
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced successful high level Major Incident Manager
- Incident and problem management experience.
- Solid experience in an outsourced managed services MIM function or vendor MIM function.
- Customer facing skills.
- Experience with Remedy
- Experience with Training & Project Management
- Understanding of internal customer business needs
The Ideal Candidate
- In-depth industry knowledge
- Experience working in ERP environments (e.g. Oracle Enterprise1, SAP R/3)
- Working knowledge of relevant network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, NFS, NTP, OSI, VPN, NAT, TLA).
- Understanding of multiple operating systems such as HP-UX, Solaris, & Linux.
What you'll get in return
Over the last few years my client has been successful in winning more and more complex Managed Service contracts. This has driven the need for them to review, change and continually augment their people, tools and processes in order to match the ever increasing complexity of demand, therefore you will get the opportunity to be part of an innovative company who is at the forefront of cutting edge technology
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.