Conference Account Management/Event Management
Conference Account Manager / Event Management
Major Newspaper group seeks Event Manager
Based in Central London
£35,000 basic + Benefits
Leading media group seeks Conference Account Manager to take charge of all sponsorship account management for a portfolio of conferences. In this role the Account Manager will be responsible for bringing the partnerships to life, taking the needs of the conference team into a high-quality experience for delegates, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors. The events are varied and can attract upwards of 1000 attendees, making this a challenging and rewarding role.
Chaired by senior journalists from our client, government leaders and senior heads from industry, our client’s portfolio of business to business conferences deliver world-class programmes that help shape policy, inspire innovation and facilitate 'target-led’ networking for organisations serious about doing business.
A mix of scheduled conferences and bespoke events tailored to each client’s needs.
Clients recent changes
In 2017 we have run six major conferences
We also launched a major new community and ConFex
In addition to this we have delivered tailored partnerships for major consultancies, infrastructure companies, TelCo's, international governments and financial services institutions.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
· Leading role in sponsor engagement through the life of every event, identifying and resolving issues and ensuring expectations are met.
· Chairing internal and external sponsor meetings and conference calls.
· Working with Programming, Marketing, Operations and Sales teams to ensure that targets are met, and deadlines adhered to, and that the event is delivered to a high standard.
· Managing sponsorship budgets and accurately processing all costs.
· Working with the sales team to produce custom events to meet corporate clients’ needs and objectives.
· Working with the marketing team to ensure sponsor's brand consistency across all aspects of the event, reviewing final marketing copy and event documentation.
· Producing detailed proposals and briefing documents for sponsors (e.g. timelines, venues and budgets)
· Working with the operations manager to plan exhibition layouts, schedule workshops, private breakfasts and networking events.
· Managing sponsor content both at the event, online and print.
· Liaising with sponsors and marketing team to create branding for the event and assisting in the production of invitations, adverts, online banners, event signage, documentation books, and social media coverage.
· Attending events and handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that everything runs smoothly
· Post-event evaluation including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders.
· Working with the head of content and research to identify sponsor prospects for upcoming events.
Skills and experience:
· Over 2 years experience in the conference and exhibition industry
· Project management experience
· Working in a fast paced team environment
· Experience managing a budget
· Meeting deadlines and resolving problems under pressure
· Strong communication skills and a diplomatic approach
· Excellent attention to detail
· A customer focus and commitment to delivering quality service
· Strong administration skills
· Building presentations, proposals and pitches
· Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time to tight deadlines
· Quick learner, able to adapt in a dynamic environment
· Negotiation skills
· Positive attitude with the ability to build efficient working relationships
Computer skills required:
· Google Docs a plus
· Microsoft office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
For more information on this role please email your CV and an agent will be in contact.