Communications Officer Content Editor
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 11,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Communications Officer (Content Editor)
£22,341 per annum (rising to £24,024 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 Hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed communicator to join our team in the role of Content Editor. Working closely with the Content Manager (and deputising in their absence) your role will be to ensure relevant and timely communications and dissemination of information across various operational teams within Sanctuary Group. Our varied and diverse business demands an internal knowledge database that is kept up to date and relevant at all times – the information contained must be accessible and user friendly and will be maintained by the Content Editor on a daily basis.
The team’s role is to provide Sanctuary staff across all operational areas with a source of data that resolves their enquiries efficiently and effectively; therefore the successful candidate must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and the ability to communicate with confidence at all levels with numerous internal stakeholders. In addition the Content Editor will also support with project management of improvements to the database as and when needed, supporting and liaising with colleagues in order to deliver these requirements.
The role of Content Editor will include -
- Coordinating large amounts of data and information to continue to build and enhance the knowledge management system
- Writing content and cascading information across different business areas
- Identifying system requirements and demand gaps to drive improvements for internal customers
- Supporting the implementation of the content strategy
- Managing the team inbox and calls from internal customers
- Providing a vital platform for internal customers to view processes and guidance
Skills and experiences -
- The ideal candidate will have impeccable written and verbal communication skills, a keen eye for detail and an exceptional command of written English language
- Will ideally have experience of using SharePoint or an enterprise content management system
- Be comfortable using computer systems such as Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Previous experience in internal communications; or experience writing content/ proof reading would be highly advantageous
- Above all you will be confident, approachable and enthusiastic. We are seeking initiative, organisation and motivation. Is this you?
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 23 January 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.