Front End Engineer
Benefex believe that no-one comes to work to do a bad job. It can happen through a collection of missed opportunities in making the most of those daily interactions and experiences. We create unparalleled employee experiences, which we see as an assortment of loops; each one refined to create seamless but tangible interactions between employers and employees, making work a rewarding place for every single one of us.
Benefex is a fast-moving technology company, and one of the most successful providers of online reward and benefits solutions in the UK. To help us on our quest to be the best, we need brilliant people on board and that’s where you come in.
Our Product Engineering team is reshaping; Product, Infrastructure and Engineering are combining to build the next generation of our award-winning OneHub Platform. One that will enable the creation of not just a single product, but a diverse range of products filling each part of every experience loop; anywhere in the world.
As a Frontend Engineer in the Recognition team, you will be a part of creating an exciting new, social peer-to-peer recognition product. This will involve crafting world-class, user-centred designs for both the web and mobile, utilising APIs surfaced from the brain of OneHub Platform.
- build products that our users will love;
- be committed and participate in improving both your own and the squad's capability;
- have a sense for creating high-quality, reliable and maintainable code;
- thrive working as part of a close-knit team, making decisions together to deliver the most valuable experience possible;
- be brave and honest in the appraisal of your own and other's work; remaining open-minded and reflective about improving both yourself and the delivered product;
- know when to work autonomously and when to collaborate to achieve the best result;
Have experience of:
- ES2015 / ES6
- Writing clean, testable front end code utilising secure REST APIs
- Building user-centric products leveraging best practice usability and design patterns
- Creating performant and maintainable HTML/CSS3
- React, React router, Redux, Sass, Webpack, Jest
- Git / Github
Extra points for:
- Progressive Web Apps
- React Native
- Google Cloud Platform
- NodeJS / Cloud Functions
Rewards for you:
- Benefits including 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- Healthcare, income protection, life assurance and access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme
- Great team and innovative office environment
- A competitive salary
Interested? Please let us have your details. Start as you mean to go on, though: don’t just bore us with a bog standard CV and dreary cover letter which you’ve used 100 times before for every other vacancy out there. We like people who are creative and challenge the norm, so reflect that in how you apply to come and work for us. A CV is useful, there’s no denying that, but make your application stand out from the crowd and do something different. We like different.