Technical Support Assistant - Level 1 and 2
Technical Support - Levels 1 and 2
£15,000 - £18,000
Our client is looking to recruit a Technical Support Assistant to join their expanding team, supporting at level 1 / level 2. Here you will be providing external client support, helping to resolve queries and technical issues to ensure that these are categorised, logged and responded to appropriately. You will have excellent communication skills and previous knowledge / experience of handling both hardware and software solutions.
The client will also consider a Graduate who has studying an ICT based degree alongside having some Customer Service experience.
- To be the first point of contact for external customers I.T. related queries and issues.
- Ensure that all incidents and other requests are recorded and categorised accurately and with as much detail as possible
- Search for known solutions and advise customers as necessary, including the provision of documentation where necessary.
- Maintain call management system and knowledgebase.
- Ensure requests are dealt with or escalated as required.
- Provide additional assistance with helpdesk administration tasks.
- Provide the highest quality customer service at all times in order to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Answer Telephone calls in a timely manner in accordance with SLA
- Perform initial support, investigation and diagnosis recording all actions taken.
- Take ownership, monitor and communicate updates and resolution to all relevant parties
- Analyse Incidents as they are reported to identify reoccurring or potential problems
- To build and maintain relationships with customers through an understanding of the company’s products and the client’s environment (Telephone, Written, Face to Face)
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally supporting external clients in a business to business or business to customer environment, or an ICT Graduate with Customer Service experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Be able to clearly document customer requests, providing all necessary information. Write clear and unambiguous emails to customers that provide them with all relevant information
- Highly customer focused, be able to calmly and rationally talk to customers who are in a stressful situation, and empathise with the level of difficulty this is causing.
- Enthusiastic and determined
- Technical aptitude
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Good IT skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
Please note that due to a high volume of applications across all our adverts we are only able to respond to those who have been shortlisted. If you haven't had a response within 48 hrs please assume you have been unsuccessful.