Position Site Manager
Location Birmingham City Centre
Sector Commercial Build
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance + Pension + Health
Are you a Site Manager who would be interested in joining a very successful, midlands based, main building contractor on a prestigious scheme in Birmingham city Centre?
As the Site Manager you would be running the Site Day to day reporting into the on site Project manager. You will be employed to prepare sites prior to the commencement of construction work (to set out the site and organise facilities), to help plan projects and to ensure that they meet agreed specifications, budgets and timescales and to oversee building work.
Duties you would be expected to carry out;
- Liaising with clients and reporting progress, professional staff (such as architects and surveyors) and the public
- Supervising contracted staff
- Meeting subcontractors
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Motivating the workforce
- Problem solving
- Using specialist construction management computer applications
- Do you have a Build sector background?
- Previous experience working on site city centre developments?
- Significant supervisory / managerial experience?
- Able to maintain a positive and safe working environment for site based staff?