Job Title: Legal Manager
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary: Competitive DOE
Our client is a well-established and respected Legal Firm in the local area looking to recruit a Legal Manager to join their dynamic team. You will be responsible for compliance with regulatory FCA and SRA guidelines within the debt team. The role will involve the supervision of a team to ensure business goals are met, and within budget. This role will suit a strong people manager who is keen to impart their technical knowledge on more junior members of the team and who ideally has a background within both debt recovery and law. In return, my client can offer the right candidate longevity and stability within the role and an impressive benefits package.
- Ensure the execution of matters comply with internal policies and procedures to minimise breaches, claims and client dissatisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with SRA standards to safeguard clients and support the Firm in maintaining its Practice Management standards and accreditations.
- Ensure that our service is delivered as per the guidelines and regulations of the FCA, CPR and SRA.
- Ensure clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances.
- Maintain the integrity of data in key platforms such as Easy Collect, Lawsoft, Visualfiles, Worksite and InterAction by ensuring that they are updated in a timely manner.
- Manage a caseload of fixed price litigation with values of less than <£50,000.
- Supervise the caseloads of junior fee earner to ensure compliance with procedure, efficiency, client service standards and productivity targets are met.
- Impart and train to develop technical knowledge amongst junior fee earners.
- Undertake legal research both as requested and on own initiative.
- Develop innovative and improved methods of working to ensure productivity and profitability.
- Provide support to client services team on Client Audits and new business proposals.
- All new instructions to be appropriately triaged and conducted in accordance with the procedure and process for the unit.
- Ensure time spent is in accordance with process and procedure.
- Achieve personal utilisation and realisation targets.
- All invoices to be raised on completion of the matter and where possible interim billing to be applied. Disbursements and other expenses to be invoiced as and when incurred.
- Active management of lock up to industry best practice standards.
- Ensure that your own personal development objectives are updated in line with practices and policies.
Key Skills & Experience:
Experience of dealing with and conducting claims from pre action stage until trial in the small claims and fast track.
Must be legally qualified with approx. 3 years PQE
Technical experience to include - knowledge of the CPR and relevant protocols for Debt, Professional Negligence and General
- Previous experience leading a team is essential.
- Experience with the SRA or within the legal field is highly desirable.
- Strong client facing experience and excellent communication skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Highly organised, systematic and the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A confident, positive, and proactive attitude is a must.
If you are interested in the above role then please apply with your CV or phone Joanna Middleton on for a private and confidential discussion.