Systems Integration Engineer
Systems Integration Engineer required to help perform the integration, test and delivery of communication Systems on programmes through application of world class Systems Engineering expertise.
The work will cover a variety of activities including:
- Analyse the design of the systems under test, in order to inform ensuing tasks.
- Develop and document requirements for system integration and testing activities.
- Provide representation of the systems under test through Unified modelling language (UML).
- In conjunction with the rest of the programme team, ensure the programme succeeds.
- Support the development of appropriate integration and testing strategies.
- Support the detailed planning to successfully execute the identified strategy.
- Define test requirements, specifications and scripts under the supervision of a Systems Senior Engineer.
- Execute the defined integration activities.
- Execute the tests and manage the test results and associated data.
- Support the production of test reports and associated test conclusions.
- Support the status reporting of integration and test activities.
- Support the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
The successful candidate will have the below experience:
- Significant, technical competence in integration and testing of complex software based systems; be prepared to describe examples where significant technical competence has been demonstrated.
- Understanding of communications: ability to orient a problem under investigation against the Internet and OSI Reference Models, and good understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite and basic routing technologies.
- Proven, methodical, fault finding skills; comfortable working significant amounts of time in a technical laboratory, in adherence to laboratory rules (for example safe handling, equipment tracking).
- Pro-active and flexible approach to resolution of issues to required timescales.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Visio. Ability to generate well-structured technical documents and meeting minutes. Ability to manage documents through a review process, and achieve document release to committed deadlines.
Candidates must be willing to undergo a security vetting procedure.