Online Copy Assistant
Online Copy Assistant - Tamworth - £29,800
Our client, an industry recognised and rapidly growing global retailer, has an exciting opportunity for a professional and well-educated individual to join a highly corporate and reputable organisation as an Online Copy Assistant.
The Online Copy Assistant will work within the eCommerce Retail team producing accurate, informative and trend focused product copy. The Online Copy Assistant will ensure daily and weekly copy deadlines are met to maintain the smooth running of the online processes.
Supporting both the eCommerce and Marketing teams, the Online Copy Assistant will deliver authoritative online product copy which follows brand guidelines relating to tone of voice, message and theme for use online. The Online Copy Assistant will collaborate closely with the eCommerce, Marketing and third party suppliers to ensure that all copy deadlines are met and that the copy produced is fit for purpose.
This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate or Midweight Copywriter with excellent writing skills and a keen interest in Digital. Product copywriting experience within an eCommerce environment is preferable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Online Copy Assistant
- Creation of product copy for use online
- Creation of online editorial copy
- Ensuring product information is accurate
- Management of copy deadlines
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure online copy follows brand guidelines relating to tone of voice, message and theme as well as adhering to best-practice SEO principles
- Actively participate with Buying, Marketing and Merchandising teams to define solutions for content development/improvement
- Management of 3rd party suppliers
- Collaborate with the eCommerce and Marketing teams to deliver seasonal plans
- Liaise with merchandising, marketing, and PR to maximise the online opportunity
- Use of analytics tools to identify risks and opportunities
Essential Skills and Experience of the successful Online Copy Assistant
- Degree-educated (2:1 or above)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- A creative flair, with the ability to openly suggest new ideas
- Must possess a passion for all things Digital
- Must be able to manage day-to-day copy planning and analysis while maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and colleagues alike
- Proactive and highly motivated team player with exceptional communication skills
- Must be detail orientated, deadline driven and able to multi-task with exceptional organisation and time management skills
This role would suit a proactive and forward-thinking individual who excels in a busy and demanding fast-paced environment whilst remaining calm and professional.