Environment Manager - 6 months
Build / Config Manager role - Responsibilities
Delivery Pipeline Management
* Maintain a map of the delivery pipeline
* What version of what product is deployed in what environment - through PIT, SIT, IFT, Group test etc.
* Maintains the deployment pipeline map
* Owns the end to end environment across each product / client / phase
* Gateway for deployment / releases
* Defines what versions need to be deployed to meet a specific client / test request
* Transition governance into the test environment - ensuring QA activities are completed.
Ensures sign-off for new deployments
* Ensures any supported deployment payload is available.
* Correct treatment of configuration and reference data for the type of deployment (hot fix, maint release, new deployment)
* Tracks new environment creations and fitness for starting Test
* Ensures that initial configuration settings correct, and accountable for config validation
* Ensures that configuration is not over-written, or is automatically applied for system, application and business
* Owns the realisation of the branching strategy for new releases / major builds to support multiple-version testing
* Ensures that code changes are implemented correctly to meet test needs (hot fix deployment, full update)
* Maintains mapping of code versions as they are promoted through environments
* Maintains dependencies between products and the alignment of versions
* Maintains dependencies between technologies within a product, and the alignment of build versions.
Note : there should be some future consideration of how this role plays into the production environments.