Chase and Holland are delighted to be working exclusively with a Doncaster based client who are a, well established national manufacturing company. Due to expansion they require a highly competent, driven Financial Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis for a newly created role. Reporting into the Group FC this will be a hands on position requiring the candidate to draw on their technical ability to produce financial and statutory accounts, internal controls and the associated reports. Duties within this role will include:
- Responsible for all group financial accounting function and compliance
- Actively manage the balance sheet including management, review and reconciliations
- Quarterly and statutory accounts under IFRS, supported by detailed audit files
- Support with developing, driving and achieving the overall group strategy
- Managing and mentoring the finance team and overseeing the efficient running of the ledgers and payroll functions
- Treasury management including reconciliations, reporting and forecasting
- Managing external relationships including banks, auditors and HMRC
- Liaise with the management accountant to ensure accurate, meaningful monthly management accounts and ensure all queries are dealt with appropriately
- Basic tax computations and liaise with the tax advises
- Control of VAT, Intrastat and national statistics
- Lead corporate governance reporting and driving any issues
- Driving a continuous improvement culture for the financial systems and processes
My client is looking for a technically strong accountant capable to take ownership of the accounts production, backed up by an ACA or ACCA qualification. There will be room to develop within this role and the business during an exciting period of growth. All candidates must have a can do attitude with the will to learn and progress their career in a progressive company with an open door policy. This is the ideal role for someone wanting to make a second move into industry, although manufacturing/ engineering sector experience is key.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.