To manage the technical requirements of clients customers. This includes management of the suppliers, finished product specifications, facilitating the NPD process, KPI reporting, answering customer enquiries, managing and attendance of customer site visits, and to provide a high level of support to internal and external customers.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the internal customer account team to provide outstanding customer service. All activities to be undertaken in line with the clients Foods Quality Management System.
- Set the quality standard of each product in conjunction with the customer, and confirm agreed standards with the supplier. Product quality standards to be monitored by undertaking scheduled consistency panels. This process to be undertaken with the customer product manager where possible.
- Report out of specification products with the supplier in a timely manner. Report back to the customer with a corrective action plan along with timescales.
- Facilitate the New Product Development process, ensuring that critical timelines are met, specifications and quality attribute documents are written and approved, and the product is launched on time and to specification.
Attend first production runs with customers where required or appropriate.
- Review customer complaints by supplier, and by product on a weekly basis. Identify complaint trends by complaint type, date code and site, and formulate a corrective action plan and timescales with suppliers. Communicate the corrective action plan to the customer. Constantly review supplier performance. React to urgent customer and consumer complaints with suppliers in a timely manner.
- Undertake scheduled Product Quality Inspection visits to assess supplier performance, record and follow up on visit non-conformances in conjunction with the Compliance team.
- Facilitate the collation of KPI data. Review and present the report to customers.
- Provide a high level of support to all internal and external customers.
- Advise the business on emerging worldwide factors affecting the commercial and technical status of products purchased and supplied to customers.
Full, clean driving licence
HACCP trained - Minimum level 3
Analytical, detailed and diligent
Front line communication with customers at a senior level
Ability to manage in a crisis
Strong sense of customer service
Good organisational skills
A pro-active team member
Computer Literate in excel, word and outlook
Experience of working within a food manufacturing environment
High level of interest in food with a creative flair
Please ask for further details