Head of Finance part time
Head of Finance
Part & full-time options available
c£40,000 (c£50,000 FTE)
The Avalon Group is an award-winning charity providing flexible person-centred care, support and companionship for everyday life, housing, learning and employment.
Based in Harrogate the charity has a track record of sound financial management which has allowed them to grow by approximately 30% in the last 3 years.
As Head of Finance you will provide strategic financial advice to the Senior Management Team and Board of Trustees on subjects such as business planning, best use of funding and the impact future charity sector changes.
You will also lead and manage a team of 6 long serving finance staff to provide effective financial management support services across the Group.
Other hands on responsibilities include:
- Yearly budgeting & forecasting
- Leading the yearly audit
- Reviewing and delivering monthly figures to senior management team
We are looking for a senior finance professional wanting to make a real difference to people's lives by being part of the inspirational workforce at Avalon.
You will be driven by the unique rewards the charitable sector has to offer and the flexible, part time nature of this role rather than remuneration on its own.
Ideally you will be:
- A strong team leader and people manager
- 'Hands on' in nature (willing to prepare accounts, post journals and run payroll if required).
- Strategic in at least some of your background career - (with a logical reason to look for a predominantly 'hands on' role).
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified
Woodrow Mercer Finance have been engaged exclusively on this assignment. All CVs sent directly to Avalon will be forwarded onto us for assessment.