Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Management Accountant for a reputable service firm based in South Manchester. We are looking to recruit a high caliber and ambitious commercial management accountant as a result of sustained growth. This is a highly entrepreneurial organisation where you will be constantly challenged in an ever changing environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity which is broad and all-encompassing and will give you exposure to the entire accounts of the business. The role has been created due to growth and requires a knowledgeable candidate who can make a notable impact from day one.
Working closely with the Head of Finance and senior stakeholders throughout the business, this is a key role and the successful candidate will be fully involved in the production of management reporting for presentation and discussion with senior members of the business.
* Processing of all transactions through to the preparation of the monthly management accounts including returns such as VAT.
* Provision of management information and providing support to the Head of Finance in the billing, budgeting and financial control of client assignments.
* Work closely with the Head of Finance in reviewing and redesign of internal financial reports, liaising with key stakeholders in both Operational and Support Services
* Proactively drive improvements in reporting and challenging existing reports
* Assist in production of budgets and quarterly re-forecasting exercises
* Partnering with key personnel to help develop a strong sense of financial performance within the business
* Develop excellent relationships within the business
* Assisting the Head of Finance and senior stakeholders with any other responsibilities to ensure relevant and timely information is provided to the business
* To be an integral part of the Accounting function and assist in any duties which may assist in the general improvement of the department
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) making your first move from practice or coming from a similar role. The successful candidate needs to be driven, inquisitive and have a desire to succeed and improve. This is a very exciting opportunity for an ambitious and passionate candidate to forge a career in a highly successful developing business. You can expect to progress quickly within the organisation if performing well within the role and adding value.
You will need to have the following:-
* Experience of the day to day operations of an accounting department through to preparation of management accounts
* Experience of variance analysis and other ad hoc financial reporting
* Ability to support and contribute to initiatives for improvement in process and financial controls
* Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and client liaison skills
* Proven work planning, prioritisation and organisation skills
* High computer competence (including Microsoft Excel) is essential and knowledge of Sage Line 50 highly desirable
* An ability to analyse problems and exercise good judgement in finding effective solutions
* Be accurate and thorough, with attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of quality
* Be motivated by achievement and in fulfilling your potential
* Ability to remain calm and confident, responding logically and decisively in pressured situations
* Positive, flexible and adaptable with a 'can-do' attitude to overcoming challenges
* Enthusiastic and responsive when working within a team
* Conscientious and diligent
* Absolute discretion and regard for confidentiality
* Experience in project accounting is desirable
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Martin Parr at Sellick Partnership on .
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
The company uses a range of databases and Microsoft Excel based financial tools to prepare reports and analyse data. The successful candidate is likely to have a high level of skill in Excel modelling including the ability to design and develop reports suitable for presentation to board members.
We pride ourselves on the attentiveness and attention to detail that we afford each of our clients, and so you must be tenacious in reflecting this through your technical competence and highest standards of professionalism.