Project Manager - Data Centre
Project Manager - Data Centre Migration
Gaydon (Coventry) and Solihull
Pontoon has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to deliver an essential Data Centre Migration with one of the UK's leading Automotive companies based in the Midlands.
To deliver a Data Centre Migration from the current 6 Data Centres to 2 Enterprise Data Centres.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work with the selected migration vendor, migration architect, platform project, service delivery, test management and key business stakeholders to:
- Create a robust governance framework that will ensure clear and timely escalations, transparency of joint RAID register internal/migration vendor, clear communication framework/plan.
- Successfully deliver an estate wide discover that provides all aspects of the DCH programme and Service delivery with all necessary data to allow critical migration scope/schedule, decommission and commercial decisions to be made.
- Application owner interviews to further compliment discovery data
- Deliver a detailed plan and approach to migrate the in scope workload migrations into the new hosting platform within the private cloud.
- Be the single point of escalation for all stakeholders and vendors for all X86 migration related queries.
- Manage the migration activities ensuring the appropriate outages are achieved following the necessary processes - early communication is key to being successful.
- Ensure the test management strategy is adhered to by all concerned parties
- Clear KPIs are developed in conjunction with stakeholders so that the project progress and benefit realisation can be tracked and reported up to the programme.
- Deliver a robust hypercare process with clear and adhered to entry and exit criteria between project and operations
- Foster a culture of 'one team' to deliver a common outcome - Every relevant party needs to feel engaged and part of the team
Produce effective progress reports to keep management appraised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or missesEnsure effective sharing of information and best practices across the programme and with key stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Solid project management experience with specialising in application migrations between data centres within a large scale infrastructure change programme
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, IE Fast paced, pressurised with tight deadlines
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and click apply now.
Applicants should show all skills on their CV.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer. Whilst every effort is made to ensure this email is relevant to your experience and job search, sometimes there are errors, we apologise if this is the case.