Cyber Security - Senior Manager – Edinburgh & Glasgow
Cyber security is one of the defining topics of our age, and cyber risk represents one of the most significant strategic risks to PwC’s private sector clients. We believe helping our clients gain confidence in their digital future is essential to their growth, and as a result our cyber security practice is one of the key growth priorities of our firm. We are one of the largest cyber security specialist consulting practices in the UK, we work closely with the leading experts, researchers, tech vendors and government agencies in the field, and we serve some of the largest and most complex clients in the world.
This is an exciting time to be working cyber security, and nowhere more so than at PwC.
Our cyber security practice operates nationally, and serves clients holistically with both strategy, risk and governance advice, and with deep technical implementation and assurance expertise. We have over 200 practitioners who range from business risk advisors who work with CEOs, CFOs and boards, to deep technical SMEs who help clients implement controls to secure their businesses from attack, and support them to respond when an attack occurs. Our career models recognise both, and give our people the opportunity to be challenged and to develop whatever their chosen cyber specialism.
The Private Sector advisory team helps clients to understand their cyber risks and define and execute a strategy which enables the business to deliver its objectives within their desired risk envelope. We support client leadership teams to define their risk appetite and a proportionate target state of cyber capability and maturity to deliver it; we define operating and governance models to make cyber security a sustainable capability which responds to evolving business priorities. We also help clients define and assure complex control solutions to help them manage their risks.
We are enjoying unprecedented nation-wide and international growth in client demand, and we are now seeking to make several important hires in to key leadership roles in our practice. We are looking to recruit several Senior Managers to join our Private Sector Cyber Advisory practice.
The Cyber Security Senior Manager provides expert strategy, risk and technical advice, guidance and support on cyber security, both in business-as-usual and for live and planned projects within our clients’ business.
You will have a broad range of cyber and information security skills, knowledge and experience, perhaps underpinned by a deeper SME in one of our key advisory practice areas (see www.pwc.co.uk/cyber). You may have worked across multiple industries, or have developed a deep specialism in a particular sector. Whichever of these describes you, you will be developing a strong track record of credibility as a trusted advisor to senior business stakeholders on cyber secuity, and you must be experienced and comfortable working with stakeholders up CxO level in FTSE350-scale companies.
In return we offer:
- Variety - An impressive list of clients with different needs and issues at both a technical and strategic level.
- Opportunity - To develop your technical and business skills and enhance your business advisory, presentational and inter-personal skills.
- Support - We work as a team and support each other on a day-to-day basis. We also actively encourage an ongoing exchange of knowledge across the many specialists operating within PwC.
- Training - PwC is recognised for the quality of its training programmes that cover both technical and 'soft' (e.g. report writing) skills.
- Challenge - We work in an atmosphere which encourages you to be proactive and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs.
- Managing and delivering cyber security and cyber risk assignments, including producing documentation and reports, and quality assuring the work produced by junior team members.
- Working as a subject matter expert in your particular field to support a team, and/or managing a larger team in delivering engagements at scale.
- Maintaining cyber security and risk knowledge and certifications, sharing this knowledge with junior team members.
- Maintaining awareness of key business and industry trends, and understanding how they impact responses to cyber risk.
- Championing the delivery of the highest quality services to PwC’s clients, and actively managing and mentoring junior team members to do the same, while managing the risks to the firm.
Business and practice development
- Building client relationships and establishing credibility by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of cyber security, and identify opportunities where PwC can assist.
- Supporting senior members of the team in developing client proposals and solution offerings.
- Contributing to the financial and operational management of the practice.
- Driving the development of toolkits, methodologies and accelerators.
- Providing thought leadership and direction for the cyber security practice.
- Helping recruit, retain and develop other cyber security team members.
Qualifications & Experience:
We are looking for exceptional Senior Managers who can provide our clients with trusted advice, rooted in a pragmatic understanding of their business situation and objectives, to help them navigate complex, risk-driven Cyber decisions.
Our Senior Managers help clients effect substantial and complex business change, and experience of assuring or enabling change at scale is essential.
We welcome applications from candidates who have spent some time working “in-house” in a relevant organisation, but it is likely that you will have gained at least some of your experience working in a business-oriented consulting environment where you have faced off to clients’ senior business leaders, and relationship-based business development experience is essential. We are particularly interested to meet candidates who have worked in or supported clients in the following industries:
- Consumer Goods and Services
- Energy, Oil/Gas or Mining
- Utilities and national capital infrastructure
- Digital, media and technology
- Pharma, life sciences and medical devices
- Cyber Security related qualification(s) such as CISSP, CISM, ISO Lead Auditor etc
- Experience in risk & regulatory frameworks and standards such as NIST 800, ISO 27001, ISF SOGP, PCI-DSS etc
- Excellent communication skills – both oral (for interviews/meetings, presentations) and written (for designing and writing engaging reports which communicate findings succinctly and clearly convey the message in a way which is appropriate for the audience, and rooted in the client’s needs).
- Experience of business development or sales, including leading bid teams, and experience of writing winning proposals and RFP responses.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.