Corporate Tax Manager
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Tax Manager to join our successful and growing Belfast Large Corporate Tax team, which includes privately-owned companies and an ever increasing number of multinational groups.
- A self-starter who has experience of managing and coaching junior team members?
- Experienced in being out in the market in direct contact with clients and contacts?
- Passionate for client service with strong interpersonal and tax technical skills?
- A team player prepared to coach and develop colleagues with a range of tasks?
- Passionate about advising clients on tax consulting matters?
About the role
Given the vast majority of our compliance work is managed by dedicated compliance teams across the UK, your role will offer you exposure to a high standard of tax consultancy work on a diverse client base. You will be given the opportunity to work closely with specialists in particular areas such as international tax and transfer pricing.
The role is Belfast based but the candidate may have opportunities to travel across the region and cross border on an ad-hoc basis to work with teams and clients across Ireland and the UK.
- Taking a lead role in managing the client relationship - managing and controlling deliverables and deadlines, handling day to day queries and establishing your role as the trusted/primary point of contact
- Leading tax planning projects and ad-hoc advisory work.
- Liaising with team specialists on specific specialised areas of tax and in different territories.
- Managing and controlling deliverables and deadlines and project finances.
- Taking a lead role in the support and development of more junior staff.
- Reviewing a variety of corporate returns linked with your own client allocation whilst considering whether any tax planning opportunities arise.
- Supporting new business generation including problem solving for business/client specific ideas and solutions.
- Pitching for and winning work.
- Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and / or their industry
- Assisting with the growth and development of the large corporate tax team.
Essential Qualification & Skills
- ACA/CTA qualified or equivalent experience (legal or accountancy qualifications).
- Strong UK tax advisory experience (preferably 5 years+) and may include a mixed tax background.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of private or publicly listed clients is essential.
- Excellent client handling skills and team working skills.
- People management and project management experience.
- A good level of commercial awareness and financial management.
- A good working knowledge of private/public client tax issues.
- Self-motivated and an appetite to support business development efforts to advertise our services and secure new clients.
Desirable skills and experience
- A good working knowledge / experience on UK tax due diligence
- A good working knowledge / experience on UK transfer pricing
- A good working knowledge / experience on cross-border tax structuring
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.