Risk Management Consultant - Senior Manager
The Global Risk Management Office is a business support function, i.e. it is an internal group and its stakeholders include Network Leadership, Global Board, Network Risk Council, Network Risk Management, Lines of Service and Member Firms.
The Global RM Consultation Support, and Analysis Manager will support the Global RM Consultation Support and Analysis Director with risk management of rapidly evolving areas with a focus on existing and emerging technologies (new ventures, priority services, entrepreneurial and private business and public communications/thought leadership) and ensuring internal and external projects (e.g. applications, initiatives, investments) receive appropriate risk management.
The Global RM Consultation Support and Analysis manager will contribute to a variety of network level initiatives from a risk management perspective. Global Risk Management projects and initiatives for which this role will support includes the following:
- Manage, coordinate and track risk management technology consultations leveraging firm resources and technology
- Define and manage assigned project workflows to meet project deadlines and objectives.
- Contribute to risk management reviews of new technology products/investments, understands their impact on the network and brand
- Conduct research on technology risk management issues and consultations as needed
- Work with the broader Global Risk Management team and other Global RM functional teams providing project support as needed
- Assist in the development of an agile framework for technology risk management reviews, including policy and guidelines as deemed necessary
- Assist in the development of training materials related to technology risk management
- Anticipate/identify, communicate/escalate and recommend resolution of technology risk management initiative status and issues
- Prepare clear and concise communications and presentations using appropriate business and technical knowledge.
Business Case to hire for this role:
The Network is significantly investing in and leveraging technology to deliver services and now in developing and licensing applications. Given this new area of focus within the Network, additional guidance and support is required to deliver these technology solutions in a manner that appropriately addresses the risk, compliance, legal, and IT risks. This role will support various Global Risk Management initiatives to provide guidance, policy, and support to the Network.
Required specific experience relating to the role:
- Client service experience
- Leading teams
- Involvement in and/or leading the design, development, testing, or support of applications
- Responsibility for the completion of risk management engagement startup procedures (e.g. engagement acceptance)
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Strong critical thinking and logical reasoning abilities
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across many different territories organizations and levels
- Strong Oral and written business communication skills leveraged to probe for information, and communicate with impact and empathy;
- Extensive organizational and interpersonal skills, in order to manage multiple priorities
- Deep understanding of risk management and risk management policy and guidance, technology risk management preferred
- Understanding of emerging technologies
- Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management
- Deep understanding of engagement lifecycle and the role of risk management
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity