With its leading edge technology, this innovative Midlands based manufacturing / electronics engineering company now requires a Technical Director to lead the direction and co-ordination of both the research & development and engineering functions within the organisation.
In addition, this role will be required to commission development projects using internal resources and external contractors to produce industry leading product designs, whilst continually seeking to improve existing products and services.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, as the Technical Director within the organisation, the role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- driving the direction and co-ordination of the engineering resources
- overseeing staff training and development
- ensuring quality standards are met and where possible exceeded
- promoting best practice within the function
- providing technical guidance to the Board to enable informed decisions to be made
- commissioning research programmes, monitoring and reporting on their performance
- contributing to the development of the overall research & development strategy for the business
- exploring alternative sources of funding and opportunities for supporting developments through partnerships or licensing of technology
Ideally of graduate standard or higher, from within an engineering, manufacturing or business related discipline, candidates will be required to demonstrate that they have:
- at least 10 years senior experience working within a technical engineering / manufacturing research & development function
- the ability to apply experience and knowledge to technical product development
- the ability to be a pro-active, hands-on type individual who demonstrates initiative and has a positive and professional attitude
- the ability to be a strong capable leader, with the presence and ability to communicate, motivate and influence at the highest level
- strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the capability of delivering results
Able to work under your own initiative and as part of a team, you should be an organised, and confident individual, who is hands on, solutions driven and has excellent attention to detail.