As a Consultant Solution Architect, the scope of the role is both broad and varied, assignments can range from solution architecture within software delivery projects, including hands on development in terms of spikes and PoC’s, to defining strategic direction in enterprise environments, it can also involve aspects of technical or strategic analysis, troubleshooting and acting in general technical advisory capacity.
Key to success in this role is the experience, intelligence and personality of the individual, building good relationships with clients while drawing on experience and intelligence in the execution of their role, demonstrating understanding of domains as well as providing thought leadership and innovation, all appropriately tempered with pragmatism, delivery focus and of course the meeting of business benefits.
It is equally important that the candidate possesses excellent communication skills as the role frequently requires upward, outward and inward facing comm’s, Senior Management, Business and Technical Delivery respectively. As a technology evangelist, we expect you to cover the following responsibilities:
- Defining strategic direction in enterprise environments and producing enterprise and solution architectures to meet functional and non-functional specifications for BJSS Clients
- Taking the role as solution lead to ensure the architecture is successfully implemented and transitioned to technical design/ build / test and production
- To engage with client stakeholders and drive internal and external workshops is key e.g. market workshops, Vendor workshops and/or System Integrator workshops
- Ensure the IT components are aligned to the target operational and architectural models.
- Interpret business and solution requirements and ensure the scope and specification are aligned, providing assurance that the products align to requirements.
- Delivery of Public Sector tranformation
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/78270171