Our established client is looking for an experienced Software Developer. Working within the IT Application Services team. The jobholder is responsible for designing, developing and unit testing all new software developed performed in house and for integrating internal systems with a variety of external 3rd party software.
- Ensure adherence to and recommend improvements to, the Information Systems development standards, procedures, and quality measures on an ongoing basis
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Work alongside business analysts or individually to establish and convert user requirements into a deliverable.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Maintaining existing code base through support and maintenance.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Integrating existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together
- Creating technical specifications and test plans
- Provides work direction, problem resolution and training to other technical support personnel
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, mathematics, engineering, or a minimum of 4 years' comparable work experience.
- Complete software lifecycle awareness
- Development within Microsoft .Net technologies
- Writing interfaces to packaged systems through API's
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases i.e Microsoft SQL Server or equivalent RDBMS
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server or equivalent GitHub etc.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or equivalent Cloud based technologies
- Knowledge of Agile or Prince 2 methodologies
- Microsoft Certification
- Microsoft PowerShell scripting
- Understanding of mobile development technologies
- Knowledge of continuous integration testing (CIT)
- N-tier deployment experience
- Quantiv development framework
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Committed to delivering pragmatic solutions through teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent analytical and troubling shooting skills
- Interpersonal Skills, specifically working with co-workers, customers, and management
- Able to comprehend complex issues and pro-actively propose solutions articulating technology decisions and considerations
- Ability to understand the I.T. strategy and how this role fits within the wider ecosystem
- Motivated to learn and develop skills, personally and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to mentor / coach and motivate peers
Company offer a fantastic working environment with excellent benefits onsite parking and career development within a large national organisation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78775338