Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2016 revenues of approximately $10 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 75 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in over 30 countries and employ approximately 10,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.
Huntsman has a new opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager with a strong passion for innovative and proactive working, to lead an accounting and administration department at our newly acquired manufacturing site in Kings Lynn.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proven finance professional who is committed to driving improvements, to manage and motivate a team of Purchasing, Customer Service and Credit Control staff. Reporting to the General Director you will deliver treasury, accounting, financial and tax services to the organisation whilst also being responsible for providing advice on performance and business results, local regulations and tax matters. You will also form part of our Site Leadership Team and be involved in the more strategic aspects of financial performance of the business.
Additionally, as the Finance Manager, you will:
· Hold responsibility for all forecast and budget preparation duties whilst managing month end closures and payments/deadlines.
· Provide sound management support to the accounting and administrative departments on site
· Submit the monthly financial results in line with local and US GAAP regulations
· Monitor Capex control and reporting functions whilst advising on local regulations and tax matters as required
· Manage relationships with external organisations (for example, auditors and fiscal bodies) to deliver financial processes in line with regulatory requirements
· Coordinate all external audit activity and Ensure an adequate system of internal controls in compliance with SOX
· Provide leadership to general office activities of purchasing, credit control and customer service
· This position requires a degree in Accounting or Business with a formal qualification in an accounting discipline (e.g AQA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
· Previous experience in a finance position is required with the ability to manage a small multi-disciplined team
· Possess strong technical accounting and compliance experience with a knowledge of UK GAAP compliance. Any experience with US GAAP would be highly desirable but not essential.
· Passion for leading continuous improvement within a Finance function to challenge fixed costs and drive the financial performance of a single entity business unit.
· Strong career progression aspirations with the ability to relocate in the future for new opportunities within the business.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well under pressure
Any personal data that you provide to Huntsman International LLC, its subsidiaries or its affiliates (together, "Huntsman") as part of the online recruitment process and/or otherwise for potential employment (including any sensitive personal data) will be handled according to Huntsman's Notice about the Processing of Personal Data of Applicants, which is located on the Company's privacy page at www.Huntsman.com.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78658620