Digital Marketing Executive
Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with an award-winning Insurance Company, based just outside London, who are looking for a Digital Marketing Executive to join the digital team at a time of exponential growth.
The Digital Marketing Executive role is a great opportunity for a junior marketeer to build a credible record of delivering revenue growth and gain in-depth experience of ecommerce and digital marketing. Specifically, in the areas of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), Email, Social and Partnerships.
The role is integral to the businesses success and will offer significant interaction with management, key functions across the business and external agencies. It is best suited to candidates who thrive on building relationships; are commercially savvy and who possess a good level of knowledge about content & communication. Digital experience is less important than a strong ability to develop and write customer focused content.
Reporting to the Head of Performance Management, you will be mentored in all relevant aspects of ecommerce and quickly gain accountability for the commercial performance of your marketing channels.
As the Digital Marketing Executive you will:
- Manage and produce written content that engages potential customers and improves organic ranking on the search engines. This includes the website SEO pages, the blog, social media profiles and press releases.
- Drive SEO benefit from day-to-day liaison with SEO agency - sharing ideas, challenging tactics and gaining the most effective work out of them.
- Support the planning and execution of email marketing campaigns to drive product sales, cross-sale of ancillary products and engagement with existing customers.
- Manage relationships with the affiliate marketing network agency and other relevant partnerships. Covering such areas as communications, commercial performance, customer journey and administration.
- Build a good online reputation for the business on a day-to-day basis through proactive management of social media channels, review websites and PR channels.
- Assist in all other written content on an ad-hoc basis e.g. company newsletter.
- Regular and ad-hoc analysis of commercial performance of all marketing activity.
- Using the wealth of data to draw insight and produce stories about the customers.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- A skilled wordsmith. Someone who can make the everyday world of the client products seem interesting and engaging.
- A confident communicator with an ability to develop and convey ideas clearly.
- Commercially literate. Good with numbers, data and spreadsheets.
- Organised. Good at managing your own workload, prioritising to gain the greatest benefit from your time.
- This role would best suit an ambitious marketer with content marketing experience and an appetite to develop their career as part of an experienced marketing team.
- Digital experience even better, especially if you know how to manage email campaigns, social media, website CRMs and online advertising campaign activity. Don’t worry if not as we can easily train you up.
- Knowledge of the insurance sector would be useful but not essential.
A great role with enormous potential for a Digital Marketing Executive to develop and put into practice a wide range of digital marketing skills, scale up the business’s digital marketing activities and help to make the most of its growth opportunities.