Digital Marketing Manager
Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with an award winning Insurance Company, based just outside London, who are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to join the digital team at a time of exponential growth.
The Digital Marketing Manager role is a senior position that is focused on driving potential customers to the site and growing the number of home insurance quotes the client delivers. Although some of sales convert via the phone, almost all customers come through the website at some point, so you will be judged on the measurable financial success of your activity.
In this role, there is significant interaction with senior management, key functions across the business and external agencies, the position will be best suited to a candidate who thrives on building relationships and who is commercially savvy. An extensive level of knowledge about all digital marketing channels; especially SEO and email is essential. As is experience in site architecture, build and performance.
Reporting to the Head of Performance Management, you will be inducted in all relevant aspects of the business and quickly gain accountability for the commercial performance of your marketing channels and the site.
As the Digital Marketing Manager you will:
- Maximise profitable website traffic via digital marketing activity.
- Manage and optimise online marketing, including the profitable delivery of targeted campaigns via SEO, email and affiliate channels.
- Develop new opportunities from online advertising, email marketing and other channels to the existing customers and new prospects.
- Liaise with internal IT team and external suppliers to ensure the web environment and content management software are fit for purpose and performing optimally.
- Help manage a marketing assistant and influence colleagues around the business to ensure they are productive and effective in delivering the marketing plan.
- Manage relationships with agencies and third-party suppliers to ensure high levels of service and delivery.
- Maintain a respectable online reputation score for the brand through the management of reviews and review responses.
- Regular and ad-hoc analysis of commercial performance of all marketing activity.
- Assist the Head of Performance Marketing to maximise business generated from price comparison websites.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- A measurable track record in web and digital marketing in a B2C retail environment.
- You will have extensive knowledge of how to generate profitable business via the internet. Specifically, SEO and email.
- Experience of developing sales and brand visibility through PPC, partnerships, affiliates, PR and display advertising is also valued but not essential.
- A good copywriter who can develop engaging written and visual content.
- A working understanding of website technologies, concepts and best practices.
- This is a non-technical role, but you will be confident in using technology and online platforms including content management systems, CRM software, analytics packages and web graphics software.
- Experience in insurance or similar financial services is desirable, but not essential if you have first class experience in other markets and the right personal qualities.
A great role with enormous potential for a Digital Marketing Manager to develop and put into practice a wide range of digital marketing skills, scale up the business’s digital marketing activities and help to make the most of its growth opportunities.