Hospitality Team Leader
We are currently looking to recruit a Team Leader to join our hospitality department to help drive sales and lead and maintain the role-out of a new online booking system.
This role will report to the Retail Manager and support with the day to day running and staff management of the Hospitality service. The key areas of responsibility will lie with front and back of house services within hospitality, ensuring excellent customer service and development of the service offering. This role will also play a part in helping the service deliver to budgeted profits by continuously increasing sales and keeping costs under control.
Manchester Royal Infirmary comprises five hospitals on a single, 22 acre site, including the largest children’s hospital in Europe. The site is the largest Private Finance Initiative in healthcare in the country, bringing in revenues of 42 million pounds per annum.Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
37.5 hours per week - predominately Monday to Friday, however flexibility is required in line with business needsMain responsibilities
- Ensure payroll procedures are carried out correctly on a weekly basis to ensure the accurate and timely payment of all staff. Deal with any payroll queries and errors as a priority liaising directly with payroll as appropriate
- Maintain staffing levels in line with service requirements; liaising with on-site agency supplier as necessary
- Establish good working relationships with service users - attend meetings and complete checks as re-quested
- Oversee compliance checks as required – including electrical and equipment checks
- Complete stock takes and support with month end stock where necessary
- Ensure health and safety standards are understood and delivered across the whole hospital operations
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on quality and performance issues, ensuring objective and transparent contract monitoring and adherence to performance standards
- keep an accurate and systematic diary of hospitality bookings
- Liaise with the kitchen team to ensure all bookings are catered for and delivered in line with the client’s request
- Collate and distribute financial reports and hospitality billing to the relevant parties.
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment
- Proven experience of working within a Retail/Hospitality environment
- Supervisory experience in the support services, facilities management, leisure, Retail sectors, (or related), ideally with exposure to the healthcare market
- A confident and adept communicator, with the ability to operate effectively at all levels
- Proficient IT user (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- An experienced supervisor and developer of teams, who is effective in directing others
- Experience of working within a unionised environment
- Proven track record of managing performance and quality assurance systems within a rigid contractual framework.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Hospitality Team Leader, Supervisor, Team Leader, Retail, Catering, Hospitality, PFI, Healthcare