We are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Altham, Lancashire.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will need to have:
- Must have Strong analytical skills including data gathering, manipulation and drawing conclusions.
- Extensive Toolroom experience
- Be able to demonstrate leadership ad project management skills in large production investments
- Proven fault finding skills and the application of effective solutions.
- Knowledge of Die-Casting, CNC machining and part programming.
- Lean Manufacturing.
- Engineering degree, HNC or above is essential.
- Effective communication skills both written and orally.
- Knowledge of Heat treatment processes for alloy steel, Grinding and Wire EDM machining processes along with experience from automotive manufacturing would be an advantage.
Details of the role of Manufacturing Engineer:
- Pay: £35,000 - £40,000 a year plus overtime
- 33 days holiday
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Working Hours: 07.30-16.00 Monday-Thursday, 07.30-12.30 Fridays
- Location: Altham
- Duration: Permanent
Role of a Manufacturing Engineer:
- Creation and Interpretation of drawings for manufactured items using Autocad. Knowledge of Creo/Pro Engineer would be advantageous.
- Transfer of new products from design through into production
- Design and source new tools/Fixtures for Die-Casting, CNC, Inspection and other manufacturing projects.
- Provide accurate costings for manufactured items using MRP system and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Handle quotations from suppliers from a production needs point of view.
- Work alongside manufacturing teams to drive operational process improvements on both daily and larger long-term projects.
- Introduction of new technologies to support manufacturing techniques and to improve production and inspection processes.
- Investigate and analyze the need for new manufacturing solutions.
- Support and work with R&D to ensure the effective introduction of new projects to Manufacturing.
- Create CNC programs together with the manufacturing teams.
- Create and maintain manufacturing methods, procedures and safety policies in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Use continuous improvement techniques to effectively identify, support and lead improvement projects within manufacturing areas
- Take a lead role in the introduction of Lean manufacturing, including 5S, SOP,TPM
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant technology, production engineering best practice and health and safety requirements
If you are interested in the above Manufacturing Engineer role please click apply.