In-House Legal Counsel
Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
As our client enters the next phase of it’s continuing expansion plans, they are now seeking to recruit an In-house Legal Counsel with previous experience in the energy industry to support the business.
Reporting directly into the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for delivering legal services to the business and will undertake a range of legal work which is required to support this growing business.
- Negotiating and preparing contracts.
- Providing advice on legal and regulatory issues of importance to the organisation.
- Advising on commercial matters, including in the areas of contract and employment law.
- Assisting in the development of policies, procedures and training programs for staff on relevant legal issues.
- Legal and policy research where required.
- Considerable PQE with a current and valid UK Legal Practicing Certificate and relevant supporting qualifications
- Previous in-house experience desirable.
- Experience negotiating and drafting contracts.
- Experience with Commercial disputes and resolution
- Experience in NDA’s
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written, together with the ability to communicate to people in a variety of positions.
- Strong drafting skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and to use own initiative.
The ideal candidate will have trained at a leading law firm and may have existing in-house legal experience, although this is not essential. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment as you will be advising the business and stakeholders on a variety of company and commercial work. You will be either a Commercial or Corporate Solicitor who is currently working in Industry or private practice. You will have strong academics and have experience handling varied transactions including commercial matters and company work.
Competitive salary depending on experience and benefits to include:
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78325512