Higher Level Teaching Assistant / HLTA - Wigan
Higher Level Teaching Assistant / HLTA – Wigan
TeacherActive are looking for an experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant / HLTA for a term assignment, with an immediate start with the potential for a long term position for the right fit within the school.
A lovely primary school with an excellent reputation in Wigan is seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant / HLTA teacher to start work with immediate effect. The head teacher wants a HLTA who teaches with an enthusiastic and nurturing approach, and shares the ‘team’s’ vision is ensuring that every child achieves their very best! The successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant / HLTA will be expected to cover other classes and year groups when needed.
If this has sparked your interest then it is essential that you have/are the following:
- HLTA certificate with experience in Key Stage 1 / KS1
- The enthusiasm to work with children with a variety of different personalities and skill levels
- A strong, confident individual who can take control of a classroom
- Able to engage well with pupils
- Able to work under your own initiative
- Smartly presented and with excellent time management skills
TeacherActive can offer the successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant / HLTA:
- A highly rewarding opportunity
- An excellent and competitive rate of pay
- Fantastic prospects of long term work
- The guarantee of a hard working consultant passionately and actively searching for the right job for you
- Fantastic recommend a friend scheme, with a choice of amazing gifts!
TeacherActive have many other opportunities available to suit all requirements. If you are interested in this position, please call or send your CV to
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS/ CRB check, identity checks and requires all applicants to supply good professional references. Please only apply if you are confident that you will pass this procedure. In return, we will offer leading industry rates, a no hassle payment scheme, a personal consultant for a one to one service - and a unique referral system.
TeacherActive has been awarded the Quality Mark to denote excellence in providing supply staff to schools. TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services