This is an exciting opportunity, based within Practice but solely working for one client, a well established and successful Theatre Production Company. Located in Sutton 4 days a week and the client's West End office one day a week, this is an opportunity to combine and enhance accountancy skills with the fast moving and highly demanding and responsive demands of theatre.
Key responsibilities include:
- Pre production planning and budget
- Production accounts for each show/each venue with regular meetings held with the client
- Comparison of the production accounts with the budgets
- Requesting advances from the theatre venues
- Managing the company’s (theatre reference to the show, cast and support team) weekly payroll
- Managing the weekly supplier payment run per show
- Generating quarterly VAT Return for the show
- Managing the cash flow
- Calculating the theatre tax relief, TTR and managing end of year accounts for the show
- Generating 6 weekly royalty statements
- Attending shows and the supporting network related to any production e.g. solicitors, investors, co producers etc
The client group currently is formed of approximately 10 different companies, each production with its own separate limited company and up to 3 shows running co-terminously; the role is varied and challenging.
The client welcomes applications from ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified Accountants and QBEs. In addition to solid budgeting / forecasting experience, Sage & Excel knowledge and analytical skills, excellent communication skills are essential to deal with the various members of multiple companies and external parties.
The salary band of £40,000 - £50,000 has been set by Fletcher George as a guide and will depend on level of qualification and relevant experience.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale.