Production Engineer - Rubber
Valor Recruitment are currently recruiting a Production/Technical Engineer for our client based in Aldershot, Hampshire. They are a leading specialist in bespoke rubber mouldings, providing rubber products for a wide range of industries across the globe.
Key duties are as follows:
- Develop documented processes for new production parts for the rubber moulding processes and related assembly equipment and cost reduction projects.
- Lead and Support preproduction trial activities by developing countermeasures for problem areas and cost reduction projects.
- Specify and/or direct fabrication of equipment used in rubber direct processing and/or assembly operations (i.e., end-of-arm-tooling, fixtures, jigs, etc.)
- Manage project schedules as they apply to new parts launch.
- Analyse new and current processes for cost reduction activity
- Develop and support task-oriented team objectives with effective results and cost reduction activities.
- Supports the Production Launch of tooling and processes for new rubber materials & products.
- Engineers’ equipment, tooling, and process specifications
- Works on rubber moulding process parameters to identify root cause of production issues, Provides corrective actions and process control plan
- Coordinate Continuous Improvement Projects on rubber products and processes with multi-function teams.
- Provides specific rubber process training to technicians and operators
- Maintain awareness and understand their roles and responsibilities regarding the environmental policies, management system, and objectives and targets by attending the required training
BS Engineering discipline or equivalent experience in rubber-processing technology including:
- Injection Moulding
- Compression Moulding
- Transfer Moulding
- MS Office Suite
- Understanding of rubber manufacturing operations with respect to automotive parts.
Working hours are: 7.30am - 4.30am