1:1 Support Worker needed for an immediate start in York
Would you like the opportunity to work on a 1:1 basis with a Year 8 pupil?
Do you find working with people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Issues rewarding?
Are you available to start a full time position straight away?
I have a full time Teaching Assistant position in south York, to start as soon as possible and continue until Easter 2018. It will be working with a Year 8 pupil, helping to re-integrate him back into mainstream education. The role will be split across the mainstream secondary school and his current behavioural unit, so the ability to drive would be advantageous. Whilst you are based at the Behavioural Unit, you will receive relevant training such as de-escalation techniques, managing behaviour effectively and Team Teach training.
As the ideal person for the job, you should have the following:
- At least 2 x A-Levels at Grade C or above
- A passion for working with disadvantaged pupils, or those with Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
- The initiative to work on your own, with a proactive approach whilst working within another school
- Have a qualification in Special Educational Needs, such as Autism Awareness or an Introduction to SEN
- Be available for full time work within the next few weeks and be able to provide a 6 year career history and reference details
As well as working for an OFSTED graded 'Good' School, working through Teaching Personnel will offer you the following benefits:
- A dedicated consultant who will proactively seek out your ideal job role and is a specialist within the SEN Education Sector
- The opportunity to work for the UK's Leading Education Recruitment Agency, where over 10,000 candidates are already registered for work across England and Wales
- Access to TP's online CPD Academy, which enables you to complete a range of nationally recognised qualifications FREE OF CHARGE and also attend courses such as NASEN, Team Teach and Moving & Handling
- Competitive and fair Daily Rates of Pay from £50.44 per day and weekly pay days every Friday
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.