Office Furniture Dealer Sales - Manchester
Our client is a contract office furniture manufacturer. They are looking to employ a dealer sales person to manage and develop new and existing business with their dealers. You will be based from home and will cover accounts around Manchester and the North West.
Take responsibility for the development, and performance of all sales activities in an assigned sales territory. Actively seek achievement of revenue, profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base and products within the sales territory and contributes to the development of the overall sales and marketing strategy.
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant Business Development Executive, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer and satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organised marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and telemarketing.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Record, analyse, report and administer according to systems and requirements.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
Personal Qualities/Job Essentials:
- Understands the dealers’ business
- Can generate strong business results
- Ability to drive accountability
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to network internally as well as externally
- Ability to handle and understand complex situations
- Ability to problem solve
- £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on relevant experience)
- On target commission
- Travel expenses
- Business expenses