Field Service Engineer
Market 36 Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer for our client based in Chelmsford, Essex cover East London and Essex.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Able to identify root cause faults in digital CCTV, intruder, access control, intercom, IT products, TV distribution and AV systems.
- Ensure that the once a high level fault has been identified and then resolved, the problem is documented and communicated to the service engineering team so that similar faults can be dealt with by reactive service engineers.
- Visit new installations at the final commissioning stage to audit the work ensuring that it is installed to the correct standard before being handed over to the client and the Service Department.
- Ensure that the documentation required for service is collated and correctly stored so that it is readily available to the service team when reactive calls or PPMs are carried out.
- Assess the suitability of new technologies, new equipment or new systems prior to being specified and installed by the company.
- Assess the serviceability of any new technology, equipment or systems prior to being installed by the company
- Undertake any reasonable task or activity as required by the Company to achieve overall Strategy.
- Maintain a positive image of the company to the customer at all times, through good customer communications and a high standard of appearance.
- When high level faults are resolved communicate the issues to other members of the team in a clear concise manner so that future issues of a similar nature can be easily resolved.
- Provide good quality written details of activities completed at customers’ sites.
- Provide training and clear instruction to installation teams regarding issues identified at the handover to customer /service.
- Listen carefully to the installation team’s views so that these can be used to improve future installations ready for handover.
- Give timely and specific feedback on what has been done well and where there is room for improvement.
- Provide a reliable, courteous, efficient and effective service.
- At the completion of each service visit close or update the helpdesk with the call status
- Ensure that any company vehicle provided is maintained in good working order
- Attend and contribute to monthly engineers’ meetings.
- Maintain a high level of personal performance demonstrating a willingness to help colleagues.
- A flexible approach to working hours with adherence to the company’s Management Systems.
- Ensure that the Company’s image is presented to the highest standards at all times.
- Any other duty as may be required in line with operational requirements.
- Maintain a high level of personal performance demonstrating a willingness to help colleagues
- Adhere to the company’s Management Systems.
- Make recommendations for additions/replacements to improve customers’ existing systems and feed this information back to the Company.
Market 36 Recruitment Ltd cover a variety of sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Engineering, and Property/Estate Agency as well as many more. We take pride on building strong working relationships with local employers and candidates.