Business Change Manager
CCA are currently on the market for a Business Change Manager for one of our financial services clients in the north of England.
The role will be accountable for the delivery of a variety of Business Change initiatives with a primary focus on achieving business benefits in UK operational efficiency plans, including integration and post-acquisition projects.
- Sets up the required programs to ensure clear project initiation, scope, work-streams and business benefits; covering all areas to ensure aligned working and delivery
- Ensures the delivery of programs on time, to budget, capturing and realising business benefits whilst also capturing and mitigating identified risks.
- Tracks success criteria throughout the life cycle from initiation to embedding
- Creates internal teams as required to support the delivery of programs and programme benefits
- (As relevant to a particular program) engages and manages external suppliers, agreeing commercial terms and ensuring delivery aligns to agreed parameters
- Forge strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the Group, ensuring they are appropriately engaged throughout the program delivery cycle
- Prepares areas of the business affected by the change program for the transition to new ways of working, migration of work and closing down of work where appropriate
- Continually assesses benefits realisation and seeks to optimise the timing of release of program deliverables to achieve maximum benefit
- Extensive experience delivering business change and transformation, including a solid understanding of how people go through change, as well as expert knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Good understanding of operations (preferably in a collections and recoveries environment commercial drivers of the business - how value is created, where opportunities exist and clear understanding of risks and risk mitigation.
- Strong communicator and influencer - able to bring together program teams and have them coalesce around the change vision, equally able to effectively manage external suppliers
- Possesses commercial acumen and the ability to get 'up the curve' of understanding the business environment rapidly
- Resilient and willing to persevere to deliver the program
- Problem solver and root cause identifier
- Degree level qualified
- Change Management certification and/or Strong operational experience and knowledge
- Extensive experience of managing complex issues on people, process and/or technological levels
- Will involve decision making autonomy at both strategic and tactical level
- Key player in the business - the programs will impact on the bottom line, and may impact the business reputation externally and people engagement internally
- Driving long term strategic change initiatives, as well as short term tactical and/or 'fixing' actions
- The role will be expected to build and maintain effective working relationships at a senior level
- Equally able to influence at lower levels in the organisation and across functional areas
- Able to exert influence on external suppliers to ensure program deliverables are achieved
- Responsible for creating and managing multi-disciplinary program teams (with internal and/or external resource) as required by the nature of the particular program
- Tracking and maintenance of program budgets and benefits realisation
If you would be interested in discussing this role further please get in touch for a confidential chat!