Westray Recruitment Consultants are looking for an experience Production Manager from a Time Served welding and fabrication background to work for a fabrication business based in Seaham. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a wide skill set around fabrication, people management, production scheduling, procurement, forecasting and client relationship building. Applicants need to be able to work within an organisation who produces a range of bespoke fabrication products within both light and heavy engineering industry.
- Oversee the production process and draw up a production schedule
- Ensure that production is cost effective
- Decide what resources are required
- Draft a timescale for the job
- Estimate costs and set the quality standards
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- Monitor product standard and implement quality control programmes
- Liaise among different departments, including suppliers and managers
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Review worker performance
- Work alongside the Financial Director to decide on labour costs, also work with Directors to assist with quotations
- Work with site coordinator to programme installation schedules in line with production
- Check all drawings are correct before issuing to production
- Time Served from a welding and/or fabrication background
- Experienced in light and heavy industries
- IOS9001:2008 knowledge
- Understanding of BS EN 1090 CE Structural
- A strong leader with good management and team management skills
- A motivated and self-driven attitude
This is a permanent position working day shifts, including 7am-4pm Monday-Thursday and 7am-3pm on Fridays.
The salary for this position is paying between £25,000 and £30,000 depending on experience. The role includes 21 holidays plus statutory and a bonus. A vehicle is possibly included.
POINT OF CONTACT
Get in touch with Tony Hutchinson for more details about this role.