Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer
Our flagship DS Smith site in Fordham has an exciting opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer to join the maintenance team. As a member of the Engineering maintenance team you will work to a rotating shift pattern with your key tasks including safely carry out maintenance and process improvement in order to minimise equipment breakdown delay.
What being an Engineer at DS Smith will involve…
Working alongside another engineer on shift you will be responsible for the Planned Maintenance, Process Improvement and Fault rectification for: Corrugator, Converting, Despatch and General Plant.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include the following;
• To work safely at all times complying with and using (Safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statement..)
• To efficiently and effectively fault find / diagnose technical / process issues
• To resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production
• To identify process and equipment improvement opportunities (maintenance schedules and equipment capability / reliability)
• To complete all maintenance activities on time as planned
• To provide technical support for capital projects and improvement activity
• To comply with company purchasing procedures
• To comply with stores procedures
• To follow instructions provided by your Engineering Manager
• To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
• To be a proactive team member
• To look to improve technical skills and knowledge at all times
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Engineering apprenticeship
• HNC or equivalent NVQs / City and Guilds
• 17th Edition
• Mechanical and / or Electrical skills
• Use of workshop tools and equipment
• Welding (beneficial)
• Use of potable access and lifting equipment
• Ability to carry out risk assessments and document method statements
• Using Computer Systems
• Sound maintenance / engineering experience in a production environment
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion. The organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £40982 (includes shift allowance) + bonus
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.