Established for 20 years, and having recently achieved record growth, our Portsmouth based client has an enviable reputation for providing innovative and dynamic robotics solutions within a variety of industries, but predominantly work within the marine, defence and Oil & Gas sectors.
Through continued and exciting growth plans, the company now have a requirement for a General Manager, with an emphasis on technical sales and marketing expertise. The role involves the following:
- P&L responsibilities
- Operational management
- Sales and marketing
- business planning with the CEO,
- creating strategic plans and maintaining the business plan and sales forecasting,
Leading the overall general management, with a commercial and business development focus, in a fast-moving marine autonomous market
Ideal candidates will be multi-disciplined with experience in technical sales and business development and excellent man management skills.
Working in a small team of creative and focused engineers to deliver solutions to the end customers, ensuring high quality and robust designs for a tough autonomous marine market place.
The role has two main objectives.
- Manage an internal team, in conjunction with the Technical Director/CEO, to deliver a range of products.
- Lead the Sales and Marketing activities of the Company, generating new sales leads, developing existing customer base, negotiating development and business contracts. Leading to a broader customer base, increased sales and profitability.
Details of the role
An understanding of Marine Electronics, Hydrographic survey or related industries would be preferred. Additionally, the candidate should be creative and driven to find new opportunities for existing products as well as contributing to the definition of new products.
You will need to be at least Degree qualified typically in Electronics / Marketing / Business in a commercial and technical marine electronics or related areas.
To be considered you will need to be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
- General Management - HR, Financial, P&L and Engineering management in a commercial environment are considered essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a sales and marketing team in a technical product environment.
- Proven track record of man management and business development.
- Proven track record of increasing sales and profitability (specifically in a technical product environment)