Accountant / Management Accountant
Accountant / Management Accountant (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
We are seeking an Accountant / Management Accountant to join a top consultancy based in Reading on a 6 month fixed term contract.
With clients that include Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Jaguar Land Rover, and Honda (amongst many others) this leading company is known for delivering results and increasing sales for a host of well-known car companies. Trading since 1977 and employing 850 people throughout 20 global offices their focus is to support the sales and marketing functions of the automotive industry through scientific methodologies.
Joining on a 6 month fixed term contract the Accountant / Management Accountant will play a key role assisting in the preparation of management accounts and performing month end duties. Whether you are dealing with day-to-day bookkeeping tasks (accruals, prepayments and journals); assisting with the planning and implementation of a new accounting system; completing balance sheet and P&L reconciliations; processing expenses and invoices; maintaining cashflow forecasts; calculating revenues and general ledger entries or assisting in the running of payroll, it will be your excellent attention to detail that ensures the smooth running of this vital department.
To qualify... You should be an Accountant / Management Accountant / Part Qualified Accountant or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar Accountant / Management Accountant role;
- You are a qualified or part qualified accountant (AAT, ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Degree in Financial or Mathematical related subject;
- Good Microsoft Excel skills;
- Experience / knowledge of ERP systems, Sage and Navision;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A professional attitude, with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
In return, the Accountant / Management Accountant can expect a top working environment based just 5 minutes' walk from Reading train station.