Finance Business Partner
A great opportunity to join my client's finance team in Milton Keynes on a full time permanent basis.
Your new company
A market leader in their industry.
Your new role
- Planning & Reporting System (similar to Cognos)
- Utilise knowledge, learning & skills in order to learn and maintain its status as the primary financial reporting system
- As a 'super-user' to the business, provide consultancy to different areas of the business in order to deliver bespoke reporting capabilities locally
- Develop reporting into dashboard and visual web-based reporting
- Undertake training activities with the support consultants in order to continually develop own skills and be able to transfer some of the skills and knowledge to other members of the Finance team Business Planning
- In conjunction with the FP&A Manager, take responsibility for designing and implementing the annual Group Business Plan methodology
- Be the principal point of contact in Finance for designated areas of the business in order to assist them in submitting an accurate, timely and relevant annual business plan
- Utilise capabilities in order to consolidate the Group Business Plan and to provide insights into the key financial drivers and be able to articulate this to senior management
- Take part in the development of forecasts Financial Support & Business Partnering
- Provide financial support to designated areas of the business and to act as the primary Finance contact for those areas.
- Assist customers with all their financial requirements including provision of regular and adhoc financial information. Achieve this through regular interface with customers
- Assist the FP&A Manager in providing financial support to senior management including provision of committee and Board reporting
- Raise the profile of the Finance team by be visible in the business
- Play a part in the development of accounting policies, processes and methodologies
- Recommend ways to improve the efficiency and effective of the Finance department
- Play an active role in the financial year-end process and annual audit
What you'll need to succeed
- Intermediate stage part-qualified or finalist (CIMA/ACCA) with previous experience in a similar business partnering role
- Experience of working in a medium to large company and within a complex working environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of using a self-service business planning database applications (e.g. Cognos, Hyperion, SAP Business Objects)
- Self-motivated and a self-starter willing to work off own initiative
What you'll get in return
- Salary £35,000 - £38,500
- 6% bonus
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary
- Funded private medical insurance
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates
- Employee assistance programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79138854