This position is responsible for supporting the Lead Settlements Analyst in providing a world-class settlements service to the business.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity for a. individual to gain exposure across a very wide range of energy products and other commodities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working within one of the sub teams within the Financial Operations department ensuring the timely settlement of a variety of commodities.
- Working closely with Front Office representatives for these products, supporting and initiating improvements to the trading systems and work flow processes within Settlements, Finance and across FO to Settlements
- Liaison with various teams within the organisation from Risk Management, Legal, IT, Finance, Treasury and Credit teams to ensure integrity of data within the trading system to accurate reporting within defined timescales
- Supporting the trading desk in counterparty relationships and in ensuring quality information flows across the business and taking action to resolve any disputes
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with counterparties and other teams within the organisation
- Production of invoices for the various commodities and products according to the specific contractual terms by generating sales and pro-forma purchase invoices, including detailed backup
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are constantly reviewed, documented and updated.
- Educated to degree level standard (or equivalent) desirable
Skills & Competencies:
- A working knowledge of trading systems, preferably ENDUR
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication
- Good organisational and execution skills
- Able to work as part of a team as well as an individually
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business
- Experienced in settlement / invoicing processes for commodity trades and related products preferred
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79045890