Senior Finance Analyst
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is one of the largest chains of supermarkets in the United Kingdom, developing its portfolio by incorporating banking and dealing in a few major retail acquisitions in the past few years, this client is seeing tremendous growth and change.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Senior Finance Analystfor a 3 monthcontract based in London.
This role will be part of a team that will support business as usual processes, as well as projects across Customer and Retail areas.
Your role has a strong stakeholder management element and you will support your Retail or Marketing Business Partners, becoming involved in decisions to promote the clients Brand.
As a line manager:
- You will need to line manage, develop and coach a C4 Finance colleague, giving clear direction and support
- Objective setting and regular 1-2-1s , check-ins and Link Conversations will be a core part of the role
- As a leader in the business, you will keep abreast of and cascade relevant messages, ensuring that your direct report is up to speed with not only Finance comms, but with wider Corporate messages
As a Business partner:
- This role will business partner the Customer Management Centre Operations team including the Head of Customer Management to support the delivery of the Customer Management Centre objectives, providing insight and challenge to drive performance.
- Provide pro-active support and analysis actively influencing decision making, and provide financial reports and professional interpretation as required.
- Supported by your C4, provide the Operations Team with timely insight into the Customer Management Centre financial performance and influence/challenge actions if required. Support the Operational teams in their decision-making process by providing information, professional advice and interpretation of data
- Supported by your C4, review performance and challenge to achieve better cost performance without impacting customer service. Act on decisions to close gaps in actual financial performance vs. target collaborating with Customer Management Centre colleagues
- Evaluation of both tactical and strategic projects as needed for CMC but also for wider Retail projects, understanding how each will impact on the growth of the company or Group and retrospectively ensuring that the stated benefits of each project are delivered to the business
- Advising operational management on optimal resource allocations that are consistent with both short-term financial health and long term growth objectives
- Responsible for managing relationships with relevant stakeholders across the SSL and Group businesses
- Share relevant tools and lessons learnt with the Business Partnering community, and with Finance Division
As part of the Retail Finance team, you will have:
- Ownership of the monthly accounting, capital expenditure and annual budget & latest view processes for Customer Management Centre, but you will also need to up skill and support the Retail or Marketing Division where required, especially for project analysis or BAU work
- Ownership of the construction of Contact Centre plans and budgets obtaining mutual commitment and agreement and subsequently reviewing performance deviations and advising on required future corrective actions, but also supporting Retail Division as required
- Ensuring that appropriate budgetary and financial control is being applied, therefore securing the delivery of financial forecasts
- As part of the core Retail Finance team you will support your Finance Manager and Finance Director, advising on cost performance in your area. You also will be responsible for forecasting, communicating progress, financial benefits or outcomes pertinent to your area.
What you need to know
- A proven track record of successful Business partnering with financial control, but also the ability to develop and maintain such an environment
- Be commercially astute
- Technical Skills are a must to join our team:
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Strong Excel and numerical skills, with an aptitude for turning data into analysis and insight and being able to clearly articulate this through your communication
What you need to show
- A self-starter, and a strong team player that can work independently, spotting the areas to focus on and assisting in the decision making process
- Great communication skills, able to influence audiences of varying financial and commercial backgrounds
- Ability to successfully manage and develop a C4 Finance Analyst
- High levels of pace, energy and resilience
- Must have a strong eye for detail and a passion for accuracy
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79084523