Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant Management Accountant - Manufacturing - Derbyshire - £17,000-£25,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a Manufacturing Business. Based in Ripley, Derbyshire.
Recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant position, this role within the team will report to the Management Accountant and assist with delivering the day to day accounting responsibilities and also areas relating to stock, costing, and capital project appraisals.
The finance team will be playing an active part in leading and supporting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by providing key financial insight and control; whilst driving improvements to the operation and financial processes.
So what is the job?
- Daily maintenance of cashbooks and bank reconciliations
- Raise bank transfers for authorisation
- Maintenance of group purchase ledger with monthly control account and statement reconciliations
- Preparation of EC Sales List and Intrastat reports for submission
- Assist with the preparation of management accounts and the month end process
- Assist with creation of KPI reports and variance analysis
- Responsible for creating detailed reports on costs, giving advice and guidance where needed.
- Assisting in Stock and Overhead reporting
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register
- Assisting in the preparation of the year end statutory accounts including audit file
- Updating month end sales information, internal and external for customers
- Assisting with and updating the sales budget spreadsheet
- Advice and assistance with Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Maintenance of ERP system data
- Provide support and cover to peers as required
What are you like?
- AAT Qualified, CIMA/ACCA Student.
- Commercially minded
- High degree of integrity
- Decisive, pro-active and assertive
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution whilst being innovative and creative
- Good Excel skills
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver to tight timescales with a disciplined attention to detail.
Package - £17,000 - £25,000 + Study Support
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79157263