Private Client Tax Manager
Private Client Tax Assistant Manager/Manager
We have a vacancy for a Private Client Tax assistant manager/manager (dependent upon experience) to work in our Thames Valley Office Tax team. This is a full time permanent role with opportunities for progression.
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering special and project based work, and overseeing larger or more complex compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from directors of owner-managed companies to non-domiciled and high net worth individuals. You will have the opportunity to be involved in business development initiatives and working with the team to generate new work.
You should be CTA (or equivalent) qualified with extensive practical tax experience. You will also be able to work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, whilst using your own initiative.
The right candidate will:
- Be CTA qualified or part qualified
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Accounting experience preferred
- Have a passion for client service
- Display energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results
- Have a keenness to further your own development and career goals
Your responsibilities will include a range of tasks, some of which are:
- Assisting with the planning, execution, and finalisation of technical projects across a range of tax lines for partner or manager review, providing solutions and seeking input for areas of concern or judgement.
- Technical research to support the senior management team, including drafting reports and correspondence to clients and to HMRC.
- Clearly highlighting issues identified during research, and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Act as a role model for junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget on projects, and when the actual differed from the budget then gain a full understanding with the Manager.
- Prepare timely WIP analysis and draft fees.
- Participate in service line, office, and firm wide activities such as ongoing training, professional conferences, and team away-days.
Why work for us in Thames Valley – Reading
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
With our company, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Our business in Reading has grown over the last few years, and we are looking for motivated people to help contribute towards our success. Reading is a fantastic place to work, with exciting and growing businesses, and we are centrally located opposite reading Railway Station meaning easy access to the town and surrounding areas.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79119362