SF Technician 2 Documentation & Support RAF Odiham
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Surface Finish Technician 2 | Documentation & Support
39 hours per week
£22,603 per annum
RAF Odiham in Hampshire is a front line support helicopter base working within the Joint Helicopter Command and home of the Royal Air Force's heavy lift helicopters: the Chinoook HC2, HC2A and HC3.
The Surface Finish Support reports to the RAF Odiham Surface Finish Site Manager and is responsible for the undertaking support activities within the SF Facilities as directed by the Site Manager.
As part of this role you will be primarily responsible for entering information onto our unique PC software so a degree of computer knowledge is essential. Stock control, completion of detailed Work Orders and ‘front of house’ responsibilities will also be required:
- Ensuring all tasks are completed in accordance with the quality policy, procedures and standards required.
- Ensuring all productive staff hours are documented, captured and accounted for.
- Ensure all stock and associated materials are correctly stored and secured and ensuring all correct records are maintained.
- Liaise with external delivery companies.
- Management of the section vehicle, inclusive of the daily and weekly checks.
- Carrying out any additional tasks as required by the Site Manager or Senior SF Technician.
- Experience as an RAF Maintenance Work Order compiler who has a proven track record within a painting / engineering environment is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in delivering a full range of Support activities, ensuring Support tasks are completed in accordance with a Quality/Health & Safety framework is desirable.
- Proven awareness of health and safety
- Previous experience of controlling and recording stock
- An understanding of Outlook 2013, Internet Explorer, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Demonstrate a willingness to support and assist the Site Manager with enthusiasm for learning new skills and undertaking designated tasks are all necessary attributes.
- Due to the location of this role, personal transport is essential.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Works well as part of a small team
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78914184