Senior UI Engineer
WPR now have a unique opportunity for an experienced UI Engineer to join a Silicon Valley company who have given full responsibility to their Belfast Engineering team for a new 'Greenfield' project that will have a significant impact for their global customer base and the world of Big Data. With a number of other UI Engineer roles also available in the company this is the chance to lead a new team and help define an ambitious roadmap for the UI and UX of the company's core products.
Having already secured a number of key engineering hires in Q4 2017 it is a major reflection on the expertise of their staff that a company decision was made to allow the Belfast team to build a new platform for their core products. This is Greenfield development in its truest sense where the team here own the project and have already made key decisions regarding technologies, architecture and features without any restrictions from the company hierarchy.
As one of the senior hires for this UI Engineering team you will have a direct report into the Belfast Site Lead and work closely with the Product Owner and wider engineering team to identify and prototype new product features and enhancements. Your duties will include the following:
- Lead and mentor and new team of UI Engineers
- Define technical roadmap for UI and UX
- Use your design skills to create secure UI applications
- Deliver code in line with their Continuous Development/Integration approach
- Adapt to new technologies and gain an understanding of technologies used in their data layer to translate this into suitable UI representations
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Minimum 5 years' UI development experience
- Knowledge of ECMAScript 2016 and build tools
- Proven experience in the delivery of scalable SaaS applications
- Experience of TDD and Unit Testing
- Previous experience of secure and responsive web applications.
Depending on experience and interview performance this role offers a salary of up to £60,000 with annual bonus and excellent benefits package. Based in a perfect city centre location it is a great opportunity to join a privately owned company who are experiencing very strong growth and have plans to make a significant impression in the local IT sector most notably in the world of Big Data.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call 028 9082 0942.
Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79099729