Job Title: Workshop Engineer
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Reports to: Technical Support/ Workshop Supervisor
Hours: 40 Hrs Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 4:30pm
My Client is the original equipment manufacturer of the renowned brand of woodchippers and shredders, it is a family owned Design and Manufacturing business with over 30 years of heritage. Employing over 70 people at its manufacturing facility in Stowmarket, Suffolk the business has grown significantly in recent years through its passion for its products and a desire to be innovative, achieving an annual turnover in excess of £12m. The Engineering Workshop is the backbone of the business; the hands on side to our innovations, driving product development and process innovation. Whilst selling through a dealer and distributor network the workshop will also from time to time get heavily involved in engineering & warranty support for products helping to provide feedback to the design & manufacturing engineering team.
Reporting to the Technical Support/ Workshop Supervisor, the workshop Engineer’s role covers all aspects of the build, maintenance and repair of the “Timberwolf” brand of hydraulic and gravity wood chippers and shredders. The workshop itself is hands on and requires a “can do” attitude to support innovation & technology advancement. Working in collaboration with the Design Engineering Team the job requires a competent mechanical/electrical fitter and fabricator, a good problem solver and level headed individual who is able to apply their knowledge and experience. The role requires a confident communicator who can work with the company’s dealer and distributor network to support training and machine warranty, on occasion this will require travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Mechanical, Electrical & Hydraulic assembly of wood-chippers and shredders.
• Welding, fabrication and machining of components.
• Engagement with Design and Manufacturing Engineering to support Design for Manufacture & Assembly activities (DFMA).
• Running & testing of prototype machines.
• Internal & External Training duties when required.
• Support to third party bodies for testing and certification of machines (VCA, engine manufacturers etc.
• Support of machine warranty work as, when and where required - this will include travel in the UK and abroad and therefore requires a valid passport.
• Engagement in the technical training of UK Dealer and overseas Export Distributor engineers.
• Suitable experience and qualifications in engineering (mechanical or electrical)
• Valid Full UK driving license.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79121106