SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, EMBEDDED C
EMBEDDED C SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
£35,000 to £50,000 + BENEFITS
THE SOFWARE DEVELOPER OPPORTUNITY:
Get Recruited is exclusively recruiting for an innovative industry leading company that boasts an international client base. The business provides a cutting edge & distruptive technology which has gather interest globally.
They are VC backed business that is set to grow massive and now is the perfect time to join this truly exciting organisation. Based from their headquarters in Liverpool you will be working as part of the technology team and will be able to get involved in, Development, Project Management and Mainteance.
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual who is passionate about technology and enjoy working wihtin a truly innovative environment.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED: Software Developer, Embedded C, Linux, Networking, Wi-Fi
THE SOFRWARE DEVELOPER'S RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working within the technology team reporting to the Technical Director
- Developing new features for a wireless technology system based on C and PCAP libraries. This system will be part of an embedded Wi-Fi access point based on the OpenWRT operating system.
- Develop verification and test procedures for new software/firmware releases.
- Maintain the portability of this system to, and across new device platforms, such as Ath9k/10k based chipsets.
- Maintain a secure OpenSSL client-server connection to send information about the Wi-Fi status back to a Python server running on a Cloud-based server; includes extending the current interface standard based on new business and technical requirements.
- Maintain an automated remote update system from a centralised repository.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Engineering Manager and other members of the development team over work progress, and present regular progress reports on the development status to members of the team including maintenance of relevant project documentation.
- Develop and present demonstrations of the system to company directors as well as potential customers.
- Software Development experience in Embedded C, Bash
- Basic knowledge of client/server models for TCP/IP based internet communications.
- Competency in UNIX/Linux based embedded and development environments
- Experience in Linux Kernel and Device Driver Development
- Ability to work with DVCS such as Git / Mercurial
- Good knowledge of WiFi standards and threats
- Working knowledge of existing 802.11 device driver architectures (or similar)
- Development experience in Python, C/C++
TO APPLY FOR THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER POSITION:
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79108005